The Wedding Planning Timeline will keep you on task to meet deadlines throughout the planning process. We are here to work within your personal and/or work schedule as well as keep you on task with due dates. We will provide a preliminary agenda with due dates and edit throughout the process as decisions are made. Once you have chosen a vendor it is important to make a deposit to confirm the vendor of your choice. Keep in mind, destination weddings are very popular and a vendor can only service so many events in one day. A reception site, church or vendor is not confirmed until they have received a deposit and prices are subject to change until deposited.
We can plan a wedding within a couple of weeks, so don't fret! Whether you have a week, months or a year, we are here to help. We know everyone has busy schedules so just let us know your time frame and we will accommodate your needs.
9 to 18 months Prior To Your Wedding
- SET YOUR BUDGET: An agenda and budget itemizing choices you have made for vendors will be created and edited thru the planning process as you make decisions. Deposits for vendors will be made when vendors request them with all final payments due not later than 60 days prior to the wedding date. Once the final deposits are made, these items are non-refundable.
- MAKE YOUR GUEST LIST: Start with family and friends, you love and they love you! If you don't gather with friends for a "night out", then you may not need to invite them. Decide if you are including kids, or set an age limit. Develop your guest list to estimate a head count to set your budget, as well as determine if you can book the location you want based on the capacity of the wedding event site.
- CEREMONY & RECEPTION SITE: This is the most important item to book to begin your planning as well as create a vision for your wedding night. When choosing your site, consider space, number of guests, view, logistics for guests, budget, back-up in case of incremental weather, food reviews, staffing, service, etc.
- HOTEL & ACCOMMODATIONS: This is as important as the reception site in order to get the best discounted rates. It is best to post your rates on your wedding website or "save the date" letter. We like to book the couple's rooms, bridal party and immediate family rooms first before sending the information to the rest of the guests. Room deposits are required and once your room is booked, please tell guests to read the confirmation to assure the information is correct.
- CHOOSE YOUR WEDDING INSPIRATION: Think about your color palette, theme, styles, attire to set the theme for your Vail destination wedding. This is a great time to start your pinterest board!
- WEBSITE: Create your wedding website and make sure this is done before you send the "save the date".
- SHOP FOR YOUR DRESS: Take your time and try on as many styles as you can, as you may be surprised the dress you say "yes" to may not be the dress or style you always dreamed of!
- SEND THE SAVE THE DATE: Send this as soon as you have confirmed your Vail wedding. and reception site and have the lodging information ready for your guests.
- BRIDAL PARTY: Choose your bridal party and send us a list of your bridal party and order of the bridal processional. It is best to choose a Maid of Honor, Best Man or people in your bridal party who will help and support you during your special day. During the rehearsal ceremony, we will assign specific duties to these members (example: getting the bride to the ceremony on time, helping with the wedding dress, making sure the couple does not see each other before the special event, etc), so let us know who you have chosen to support you on your special day.
- PHOTOGRAPHER & VIDEOGRAPHER: This should be done as soon as you have confirmed a venue, as the best photographers get booked first. Photographers can be booked by the hour or as a package, however most require a 2 or 4 hour minimum. You will need to pay for their meals as part of the service during their event, and we offer staff meals to keep your night within your budget.
- GIFT REGISTRY: Register for gifts and add this information to your wedding website.
6-9 Months Prior To Your Wedding
- SHOP FOR BRIDAL PARTY ATTIRE: Choosing your dress may be easy, but bridal parties come in different ages, shapes and sizes, so try on a variety of colors and styles. Many weddings are choosing to use the same color of dress but let the girls choose their own style based on their body shape.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Start thinking of what type of music you would like during your ceremony and reception. Most musicians book 45 minute sets, so if you would like a guitarist, violinist, singer, duo, trio, etc, they will charge one price per 45 minutes. Some musicians offer better rates if you book them longer. You can "mix it up" and have a variety of musicians during the night or save some money and have a DJ play your music for the entire event (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and reception).
- CEREMONY OFFICIANT: You may bring your own Officiant or we will book your Pastor, Rabbi, Priest, Shaman or any Officiant you need for your ceremony. We will provide sample wedding scripts and custom design scripts to incorporate any traditions you like.
- FLORAL: Send us photos or we will forward floral suggestions for you to start thinking about your colors for your wedding arch, bride bouquet, maid of honor bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet, corsages for mothers, grandmothers or aunts, (pin or wrist), boutonnieres for groom, groomsmen, fathers, grandfathers, ushers or ring bearer. Some floral is seasonal, so please send us your photos and we will get pricing for your event. Prices will be subject to taxes and delivery fees.
- DECOR & LINENS: We will complete your fairytale setting with creative ideas for lighting, fabrics, furniture, linens, signage and any decor needs you request.
- TRANSPORTATION: Review and book transportation for you and your guests to and from the host hotel to the wedding venue.
- RINGS: Purchase or deposit wedding rings and don't forget to bring them safely to your Vail destination wedding.
- REGISTER FOR GIFTS: Be sure to tell your bridal party where you are registered so they can help with family and friend requests, as well as add this information to your wedding website.
- STATIONARY: Design your invites and order thank you notes, and consider matching ceremony programs, thank you notes & menus.
- HONEYMOON: Book your honeymoon and make sure you have current passports.
4-6 Months Prior To Your Wedding
- MENU & BAR: Many people like to choose a menu for budgeting purposes when they contract their venue, however the final menu selection is required 30 days prior. An agenda will be completed with the timeline of the day event, menu, bar selections, vendors, etc. Special orders for champagne, wine, etc must be made at this time. For plated dinners, the counts for the choices (fish, steak or pasta) can be required between 7-30 days prior to event date and must match the appropriate guest place cards for seating.
- WEDDING CAKE: We work with a variety of bakers in the area, so you can send us your wedding cake inspiration and we will send you flavors available for your Vail wedding. You may choose two flavors for a two or three tier cake. Cakes will be subject to delivery fees.
- REHEARSAL DINNER OR WELCOME PARTY: Decide if you would like to host a Welcome Party with all of your destination wedding guests or an intimate rehearsal dinner with your bridal party and immediate family. This is traditionally hosted by the Groom's parents and is held the night before your wedding. Also, consider hosting a wedding brunch as a "thank you" as your guests begin their departure after your Colorado destination wedding. We work with a variety of restaurants and event sites so let us know your budget and theme so we can book your special event.
- GROOM ATTIRE: Try on and purchase groom and groomsmen attire and remember to look for matching accessories.
3 Months Prior To Your Wedding
- INVITES: Send out wedding invites and include entrée option if offering choices for dinner entrees.
- TOASTS & SONGS: Send us the names of the people who will be making toasts, conducting a prayer as well as your song list for bridal processional, bridal entrance, recessional,first dance as husband and wife, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, cake cutting song and last dance of the evening.
- CEREMONY PROGRAM, MENU & WELCOME LETTER: Design and print your wedding ceremony programs, menus and welcome letters for guests.
- WEDDING FAVORS & WELCOME GIFTS: If you would like wedding favors and/or welcome gifts for your guests, please let us know your budget and we can arrange any welcome gift and deliver to your guest rooms or provide upon check-in to their hotel.
- BRIDAL PARTY GIFTS: Purchase gifts for your bridal party.
- PHOTOGRAPHER LIST: Begin writing list of shots you like your photographer to take, as well as names of people to include for photos for better organization during your Colorado destination wedding.
- TRIAL HAIR & MAKE-UP: Schedule your trial hair and make-up (if near artist) or you can do this the day before your your event and have it done for your rehearsal or welcome event. Bring your veil and color swatch of your dress for make-up colors.
2 Months Prior To Your Wedding
- VOWS: Write your vows, organize and practice toasts or thank you speech.
- GROUND: Book couple transportation from airport to hotel.
- GIFTS: Purchase a gift for your partner.
1 Month Prior To Your Wedding
- AGENDA: Send your wedding agenda to your immediate family and bridal party so they are aware of tasks and timeline to help you be organized and stress-free.
- PACKING LIST: Start a list of items you need to pack and remember "emergency kit items" for your special day. And don't forget the garter, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!
- FITTING: Book your final wedding dress fitting.
- SEATING FOR RECEPTION: This is the area that can be tedious, with every little change in numbers. So, do not fret when people make add or cancel. We will accommodate changes and the more the merrier!
30-7 Days Prior To Your Wedding
- PAMPER YOURSELF: yourself with plenty of sleep before your wedding and start packing!
- FULL PAYMENT FOR RECEPTION: Food and beverage events must be paid at least 7 days prior to arrival. You may wire funds, pay via pay pal or pay upon arrival to your wedding site.
- PICK-UP WEDDING ATTIRE: Pick up all wedding attire and don't forget the accessories!
- PACKING: Start packing and organzing wedding items for you Colorado destination wedding.
- BANK: Contact your credit card companies to tell them you are traveling internationally.
- CELL PHONE COMPANY: Contact your cell phone provider and let them know you are traveling internationally to add any additional plans.
3-7 Days Prior:
- WALK THRU OF THE VENUE: Visit the ceremony and wedding site with your planner for final logistics.
- CEREMONY REHEARSAL: We will coordinate a ceremony rehearsal with your Officiant, bridal party and family being escorted to their seats. Any readers and ushers should also be present.
- DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY: Go to bed early, have a massage.
It's here! Be sure to eat, relax and enjoy! Give the rings to someone responsible and arrive to the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony. Let the celebration begin and enjoy your new life with your spouse, family and friends!